SWIMMING RETURNS SUNDAY -5th JULY
We have our first swim this Sunday which has been approved by Northern Beaches Council following the submission of our COVID-19 Safety plan and as such it is important that all members follow the following guidelines on Sunday. We ask that everyone has a read of the plan prior to turning up on Sunday.
The following issues are vital to keep our members, families and the public safe:
- If you are unwell please do not attend the event and get tested.
- Each member or visitor must provide their names and contact details for possible contact tracing, this will be done at the sign-in room.
- All members are encourage to download the COVIDSafe App prior to attending.
- When attending please follow the 1.5 metre rule, we will have markers showing where you can sit or stand inside the change rooms, the sign-in room and around the pool.
- The preference is for members to change at home prior to the races and shower at home after the races however the change rooms will be open under the limited numbers rule and only one person can shower at a time.
- The limits on how many people can use the change rooms at any one time will be 13 in the men’s, 16 in the women’s and 10 in the sign-in area. There will be signage displaying these numbers and a person keeping count at the men’s change room so please follow these instructions.
- The change rooms will be cleaned under the guidelines and soap and paper will be provided in the toilet areas, please wash hands as per the instructions.
- A safety talk will be provided prior to our first swim which will enforce the conditions required and provide information on distancing and cleanliness rules.
While this will be a bit different to our normal procedures this shouldn’t stop us from enjoying the day, initially there will be both the 30 m and 50 m events, with further discussion on how to proceed with competition for the rest of the season in the following weeks. All members attending are encourage to wear club uniform so we can distinguish you form the public, its been so long we may have forgotten what you look like. The Surf Club is not open yet so no official after swim events or meal will be happening however members are welcome to go back to the Dee Why RSL after the races.